File requirements and job waiver:
- All files submitted to GreenPostcards.com are prepared correctly and are press ready.
- All images are at least 300dpi, and are in either CMYK or grayscale modes.
- GreenPostcards will convert any spot color or RGB images into CMYK in order to print. (Additional charges may apply.)
- All fonts in vector files that have been created in Illustrator, InDesign, or Freehand have been outlined and/or embedded when saved and submitted.
- All layers in Photoshop have been flattened, all text has been rasterized, and all smart objects have been rasterized.
- All files require a “soft” proof that must be approved before order is processed.
- Any file submitted other than a TIFF or EPS may not print correctly and are being used as at the customer’s own risk. (GIF’s, PNG’s, JPEG’s, etc…may not print correctly.)
- All type is 1/8” from the trim line.
- All bleeds are 1/8” outside the trim line, any object that does not have sufficient bleed may show a white border when it is cut to size.
- All information in the terms and conditions has been read and agreed to.
- Order will be submitted online.
- If files submitted are not suitable for printing you will be asked to resubmit the artwork, or you may request a quote from GreenPostcards.com to fix the problem in the file.
- All orders require the PDF proof to be approved in order to proceed with the printing of your job.
- All GreenPostcards.com work is printed digitally. We no longer print offset materials in house.
- Work on order will be begin when press ready files are received and payment for your order is authorized.
- Turnaround times
- Turnaround time begins when the proof is approved.
- 5 day turnaround (e.g. approved on Monday ready by 1:30 pm the following Monday)
- 3 day turnaround (e.g. approved on Tuesday ready by 1:30 pm that Friday)
- 1 day turnaround. Needs to be approved by noon. (e.g approved by noon on Thursday ready by 1:30 pm Friday.
- Turnaround time does not include shipping and delivery time.
- We accept VISA, Master Card, American Express, Checks, and Cash.
- Credit Card Payment must be authorized before we continue with job.
Returns and Complaints:
In the case of a product complaint you will need to notify GreenPostcards.com of your issue within three business days of the receipt of your product. We will research the issue and if the error is found to be a manufacturing error we will reprint your job at no charge. If the error is in the quality of the files submitted (e.g. low resolution images, RGB images, embedded files other than a TIFF or an EPS, etc.) then GreenPostcards.com will not issue a refund or reprint the job.
Our prepress department checks most artwork files before printing, but you are still 100% responsible for the accuracy of your print-ready artwork files, and we encourage you to proofread all files carefully before submitting to GreenPosctcards.com. You certify that you have the right to use the image(s) in your artwork files.
Under these Terms and Conditions, you agree that you will NOT upload any artwork files consisting of the following material: any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law; and any material that could infringe rights of privacy, publicity, copyrights or other intellectual property rights without the permission of the owner of these rights and the persons who are shown in the material if applicable.
All materials we create in producing your printed product are the property of GreenPostcards.com. Although these materials will NOT be sold or given to any other party, we reserve the right to distribute free samples of your printed product.
1. Quotations/Estimates A quotation not accepted within 30 days may be changed.
2. Orders Acceptance of orders is subject to credit approval and contingencies such as fire, water, strikes, theft, vandalism, act of God, and other causes beyond the provider’s control. Orders regularly placed, verbal or written, cannot be cancelled except upon terms that will compensate printer against loss incurred in reliance of the order.
3. Experimental Work Experimental or preliminary work performed at the customer’s request will be charged to the customer at the provider’s current rates. This work may not be used without the provider’s written consent.
4. Creative Work Sketches, copy, dummies, and all other creative work developed or furnished by the provider are the provider’s exclusive property. The provider must give written approval for all use of this work and for any derivation of ideas from it.
5. Accuracy of Specifications Quotations are based on the accuracy of the specifications provided. The provider can requote a job at the time of submission if copy, film, tapes, disks, or other input materials do not conform to the information on which the original quotation was based.
6. Venue In the event of suit regarding this contract, then venue and jurisdiction therefore shall be in either the Superior or Municipal Court, as appropriate, of the County of SanFrancisco, California. The parties agree and stipulate that the essential terms of this contract are to be performed in said County.
7. Electronic Manuscripts/Images It is the customer’s responsibility to maintain a copy of the original file. The provider is not responsible for accidental damage to media supplied by the customer or for the accuracy of furnished input or final input. Until digital input can be evaluated by the provider, no claims or promises are made about the provider’s ability to work with jobs submitted in digital format, and no liability is assumed for problems that may arise. Any additional translating, editing, or programming needed to utilize customer-supplied files will be charged at prevailing rates.
8. Alterations/Corrections Customer alterations include all work performed in addition to the original specifications. All such work will be charged at the provider’s current rates.
9. Prepress Proofs The provider will submit prepress proofs along with original copy for the customer’s review and approval. The provider will not be responsible for undetected production errors if:
- Proofs are not required by the customer
- The work is printed per the customer’s OK
- Requests for changes are communicated verbally
Unless specified on quote, all proofs are furnished at the provider’s address, messenger, delivery, mailing, etc.will be charged separately at prevailing fees.
10. Press Proofs Press proofs will not be furnished unless they have been required in writing in the provider’s quotation. A press sheet can be submitted for the customer’s approval as long as the customer is present at the press during make-ready. Any press time lost or alterations/corrections made because of the customer’s delay or change of mind will be charged at the provider’s current rates.
11. Color Proofing Because of differences in equipment, paper, inks, and other conditions between color proofing and production pressroom operations, a reasonable variation in color between color proofs and the completed job is to be expected. When a variation of this kind occurs, it will be considered acceptable performance.
12. Overruns/Underruns Overruns or underruns will not exceed 10 percent of the quantity ordered. The provider will bill for the actual quantity delivered within this tolerance. If the customer requires a guaranteed quantity, the percentage of tolerance must be stated at the time of quotation.
13. Customer’s Property The provider will only maintain fire and extended coverage on property belonging to the customer while the property is in the provider’s possession.The provider’s liability for such property will not exceed the amount recoverable from the insurance. Additional insurance coverage may be obtained if it is requested in writing and if the premium is paid to the provider.
14. Delivery Unless otherwise specified, the price quoted is for a single shipment, without storage, F.O.B. the provider’s platform. Proposals are based on continuous and uninterrupted delivery of the complete order. If the specifications state otherwise, the provider will charge accordingly at current rates. Charges for delivery of materials and supplies from the customer to the provider or from the customer’s supplier to the provider are not included in quotations unless specified. Title for finished work passes to the customer upon delivery to the carrier at the shipping point or upon mailing of invoices for the finished work or a portion thereof, whichever occurs first.
15. Production Schedules Production schedules will be established and followed by both the customer and the provider. There will be no liability or penalty for delays due to a state of war, riot, civil disorder, fire, strikes, accidents, action of government or civil authority, acts of God, or other cases beyond the control of the provider. In such cases, schedules will be extended by an amount of time equal to the delay incurred. Where production schedules are not adhered to by the customer,final delivery date(s) will be subject to renegotiation.
16. Customer-Furnished Materials Materials furnished by customers or their suppliers are verified by delivery tickets. The provider bears no responsibility for discrepancies between delivery tickets and actual counts. Customer supplied paper must be delivered according to specifications furnished by the provider. These specifications will include correct weight, thickness, pick resistance, and other technical requirements. Artwork, film, color separations, special dies, tapes, disks, or other materials furnished by the customer must be usable by the provider without alteration or repair. Items not meeting this requirement will be repaired by the customer or by the provider at the provider’s current rates.
17. Outside Purchases Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all outside purchases as requested or authorized by the customer, are chargeable.
18. Terms/Claims/Liens Payment is cash in advance or whatever has been agreed to between customer and provider. Claims for defects, damages, or shortages must be made by the customer in writing no later than 3 calendar days after delivery. If no such claim is made, the provider and the customer will understand that the job has been accepted. By accepting the job, the customer acknowledges that the provider’s performance has fully satisfied all terms, conditions, and specifications. The provider’s liability will be limited to the quoted selling price of defective goods without additional charge for special or consequential damages. As security for payment of any sum due under the terms of an agreement, the provider has the right to hold and place a lien on all customer property in the provider’s possession. This right applies even if credit has been extended, notes have been accepted, trade acceptances have been made, or payment has been guaranteed. If payment is not made, the customer is liable for all collection costs incurred.
19. Liability (1) Disclaimer of Express Warranties. The provider warrants that the work is as described in the purchase order. The customer understands that all sketches, copy, dummies, and preparatory work shown to the customer are intended only to illustrate the general type and quality of the work. They are not intended to represent the actual work performed. (2) Disclaimer of Implied Warranties. The printers’ sole warranty is that the services will conform to the description contained in this contract, will be free of defects of material and workmanship and conform to our company’s standard quality. There are no warranties which extend beyond the description or the face hereof. [U.C.C. SECTION 2316(2).] Under no circumstances will the provider be liable for specific, individual, or consequential damages.
20. Indemnification The customer agrees to protect the provider from economic loss and any other harmful consequences that might arise in connection with the work. This means the customer will hold the provider harmless and save, indemnify, and otherwise defend the provider against claims, demands, actions, and proceedings on any and all grounds. This will apply regardless of responsibility for negligence.(1) Copyrights. The customer also warrants that the subject matter to be printed is not copyrighted by a third party. The customer also recognizes that because subject matter does not have to bear a copyright notice to be protected by copyright law, absence of such notice does not necessarily assure a right to reproduce. The customer further warrants that no copyright notice has been removed from any material used in preparing the subject matter for reproduction. To support these warranties, the customer agrees to indemnify and hold the provider harmless for all liability, damages, and attorney fees that may be incurred in any legal action connected with copyright infringement involving the work produced or provided. (2) Personal or Economic Rights. The customer also warrants that the work does not contain anything that is libelous or scandalous or anything that threatens anyone’s right to privacy or other personal or economic rights. The customer will, at the customer’s sole expense, promptly and thoroughly defend the provider in all legal actions on these grounds as long as the provider:
- Promptly notifies the customer of legal action.
- Gives the customer reasonable time to undertake and conduct a defense.
The provider reserves the right to use its sole discretion in refusing to print anything the provider deems libelous, scandalous, improper, or infringing on copyright law.
21. Marketing Unless requested in writing, the customer allows the provider to make reference to the customer/provider relationship and to print or publish on-line logos and other materials, exclusively for marketing purposes and not for sale.
22. Storage The provider will retain intermediate materials used until the related end product has been accepted by the customer. If requested by the customer, intermediate materials will be stored for an additional period at an additional charge. The provider is not liable for any loss or damage to stored material beyond what is recoverable by the provider’s fire and extended insurance coverage.
23. Taxes All taxes and assessments levied by any governmental authority are the responsibility of the customer. All amounts due for taxes and assessments will be added to the customer’s invoice. No tax exemption will be granted unless the customer’s “Exemption Certificate” (or other official proof of exemption) accompanies the purchase order. If, after the customer has paid the invoice, it is determined that more tax is due, then the customer must promptly remit the required taxes to the taxing authority or immediately reimburse the provider for any additional taxes paid.
24. Telecommunications Unless otherwise agreed, the customer will pay for all transmission charges. The provider is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or extra costs resulting from faults in transmission.